Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Song of the Lord

Hear, O Israel:
The Lord is One.
Hear, you nations of the Earth:
The Lord is One.

Hear, you Sons of Gideon:
The Lord is Victory.
Hear, you Daughters of Zion:
The Lord is Refuge.

Hear, O Judah:
The Lord is Mighty.
Hear, O Benjamin:
The Lord is Favor.

Who can turn away from the Lord?
Who can resist His judgment?
Who can live without breath?
Who can make a still heart beat?

Who is the Lord?
Who can sit upon His throne?
The Law of the Lord is perfect.
Of whom shall I be afraid?

I will wake in the morning and know the Lord's peace.
I will take my meal at noontime under the shelter of His presence.
I will lie down in the evening with wolves and lions and fear only Him.
I will lie down with my fathers in His presence.

Who shall fear?
Those who do not acknowledge Him.
Who shall be afraid?
Those who have no trust in Him.

Here are the delights of man,
Here are the the gods he serves:
The gods of his intellect.
The gods of reason.

Make your gods of stone.
Bow down to them.
Offer to them your children.
Surrender to them your gifts.

What can Time do for you, but bring you to destruction?
What can Time accomplish, but lead you to the grave?
Time is the eternal jester of the foolish king,
The rebellious child of man who bears no fruit.

Where does Money dwell, and who is his counsel?
What comfort does it bring to its people?
Money teaches its servants what they do not have,
Picking the pockets of the wealthy.

Sit now with the Lord and dwell now in His presence.
Take nothing but the gifts He brings.
He fills His vessels with delight.
The universe expands within His chosen people.

No comments:

Post a Comment