Marshall lies east of Casey,
Where the small town southern men live,
Whose greatest contributions are the ones they leave behind.
I spoke to Jack at table,
When I was at a crossroads in my life.
He spent some time near Gary.
It was Thanksgiving,
And between the noodles and pumpkin pie,
I wondered who this man was,
So I asked.
He said that he got a job.
He said he married Cherry.
He said they built a house.
That was about it.
I won't forget that rainy October morning,
Something new was born,
When I left in the dark, just after 6: 00 a.m.
To go from one nursing home
To another.
Nor how you opened your eyes
When the preacher said,
"Amen"
And breathed your last.
I have never been as thankful for Jesus
As today.
You have been going home all along.
It is not death to die.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment