Friday, October 30, 2015

Before I Change My Mind

Now, LORD, is where I am.
Send Pilate with with his armies.
I wait for a place you have prepared already,
Buried with Mercutio
In the mouth of Satan.

Here, LORD, is when I am.
May Pharoah chase me across the angry sea.
I will walk to meet you on the other side.
Standing with Polyphemus,
Crying sabachthani.

Time, LORD, has chained me.
Let Hirohito's bomb find my house.
Unlock the moon from its orbit,
For I am tired of spinning in circles
Around these troubled waters.

Is there yet hope, LORD?
For I am still breathing,
And this couch is comfortable and coffee sweet in this warm cup.
This skin more elegant than robes you have stained for me
In rainbows of blood.

Call the executioner, LORD.
For I am on a darkened stage with song rehearsed.
Rouse the director to take his bow.
Turn off the lights.
Tear these curtains in the temple of your holiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment