What is the problem with your skin?
Can not the Prophet heal it?
When will the Grace of God begin,
But when we choose to feel it?
The LORD with us already stood,
Why do we look to Heaven?
The Spirit's come, as promised would,
The bread already leavened.
If I had stood in Nazareth,
Would I have then believed?
The prophet who took human breath,
Would I have Him received?
My skin is pale and sickly torn,
My flesh is frail and weak,
My body broke since I been born,
The rot within me reeks.
I'll go down to Jerusalem
And see the Prophet there.
I'll go down to the Promised Land,
And kneel to Him in prayer.
The Syrian with leprosy
Was by the Spirit led.
The slave girl said, "The Prophet see,
"Who raised the boy from dead."
And Jesus said to Nazareth,
My peace I give to thee.
Breathe on the weak with Spirit breath,
That they may, too, believe.
Two thousand years ago, he said,
My Spirit rests on thee,
But we must see the living dead,
To claim a victory.
He was alive when Naaman stood
Upon the Jordan's banks.
The solider healed, as promised would,
And to the LORD gave thanks.
Is Christ alive, does the Prophet speak
Now to you who believe?
Will he indwell your body weak,
Will you with faith receive?
The Spirit did Elijah send
To his servant seven-fold.
Be baptized in the river bend,
And let faith take ahold.
Your flesh will die, your body rot,
As Naaman's flesh doth now.
But death the Spirit knoweth not
Nor hell doth faith allow.
"I've come to share the Blesséd News
"The Lord's anointed me
"To speak to whom the Spirit choose
And set the captives free."
"For only one from Lebanon
"Was by the prophet fed,
"And only one from Syria
"Was by the Spirit led."
And now the Spirit speaks to you,
If you choose to believe.
Be washed and let your flesh be new,
Into your flesh receive
The life that faith wants you to live
That conquers hellish sin.
Turn now from death, learn to forgive,
And let the Spirit in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment