This afternoon, I looked at the planet where I live.
There was a nice park, there, that some nice people made for me to sit in.
I went to take a piss in the woods, and I thought of DFW, and how he'd killed himself.
I could talk some more about the darkness of the woods.
I could relate it all to that ridiculous building they have at the UIUC: FLB.
Earthquake proof, they say.
But, there in the middle of that dark wood, where I had lost my way, in the middle of life's journey,
I met you, DFW.
And I think that maybe you took me for a ride.
Maybe, jest maybe, I'll read that book you wrote.
Maybe this summer.
And maybe, jest maybe, I'll write one back to you, on the other side of that wall.
In the meantime, I made you a salad.
Here are the ingredients:
Spinach.
Honey roasted peanuts.
Dried cranberries.
Granola.
Feta cheese.
Paul Newman's Own Olive Oil & Vinegar.
Cinnamon.
Honey.
All nicely arranged, in proportion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment