Tuesday, July 8, 2014

God

In an open heart,
He places grace.

In an open mind,
He places wisdom.

In an open hand,
He places love.

1 comment:

  1. Ben, I love that this is a simple poem, simple and of course eloquent. That is the essence of how we must view our relationship to God, humbly and without presumption to know God. But in your simplicity you have captured something deep. The open heart takes me back to your earlier poem where you extoll weakness, which I take to mean vulnerability. Grace is our reward for being vulnerable. Wisdom comes from keeping an open mind. It's the last verse that strikes me the most because I had to think about it. Why didn't you associate love with the heart? If I take an open hand to mean offering my hand to others, in other words, service, then this is indeed when we give/receive love in the sense the Jesus talked about it. Very nice!
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete