I like the idea of St. Stephen so much
That I think I'll make another idea out of it.
I also enjoy this Wren business,
And the attaching of this poor little bird to sticks with nails.
I wrapped up a gift for you, employee.
I placed it in this box, worker.
I will give you a bonus today for all your hard work.
I will tie you to a string.
Away in a manger, no crib for a bed,
There was a babe born in Bethlehem
Who would save the world,
So we made a calendar in his honor.
And sometimes, on days after Christmas,
We remember to nail wrens to sticks
Or to give employees cakes with fruits in them
As we return our packages to Meijer for credit card refunds.
The poor boy, after all, was stoned to death
For what he said about the manger baby.
Someone should write a book about that.
It should be sold on Amazon.
In fact, let's remember, too, to incorporate easy return policies
Into our new ceremonies
Replete with the shipping of poultry
In frustration-free packaging.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment