Friday, December 13, 2013

Cœurage

Snakes slither in the grass,
Bears beneath your window pass,
Aligators lurk, alas,
          In murky mud! 
Avoir du cœur.

In dark of night what can't I see,
Beyond the bend, what waits for me,
What deaths rage tempestuously,
          Under glassy sea?
Avoir du cœur.

To trade this now for then,
To know how, why, and when,
To end as certain as begin,
          Jusqu'à la fin,
Avoir du cœur.

What cancer eats your bowels,
What pain has shook your vows,
What thief has stolen nows
          And given thens?
Avoir du cœur.           

Night overpasses day,
'Tis always been this way,
No other game to play,
          No way to win.
Avoir du cœur.

The Son of Man awaiteth me,
His word I bear on Calvary
The word He speaks, I speak to thee
          In Jubilee.
Avoir du cœur.

His name be praised above all names,
Behind Hell's Gate, His voice proclaims
Salvation born from Bethlehem, 
          The God who saves.
Avoir du cœur.

1 comment:

  1. I have been listening to Noah's playing of this song continuously. I am starting to know these words by heart. Love it.

    ReplyDelete