Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Husbandry

Make me, O Lord, a Part of Her compleate.
To see Her Body as my own, I pray.
For Her to Me a match was ne'er more meet,
Nor Dusk and Dawn did make a fuller Day.
Our Conversation make to be as One,
Then add to Us the glory of your Son.

Make me Her Foot that I might bear her load,
Her Back that I may stand her gait upright,
Her Heart that I resist what fears forebode,
Her Eyes that I bring Light to darkest night,
For these all She to me already brings,
And from these lungs of mine Her Beauty sings.

Then Cloathe our loins enjoined with girdled waist,
United both in Spirit and in Flesh.
In Holy Matrimony sealed by Grace,
And in Us two may One be formed and Blessed.
Then from this field of Potter's Clay make Bread,
That groweth from where Ash and Dust are wed.

No comments:

Post a Comment