Monday, February 29, 2016

I Do Be

With these two words,
I do, I do
Profess that I
Be joined with you.

With these two rings
You and I wear,
Our hands are bound
Into one pair.

With these two lips
That to you speak,
I'll place a kiss
Upon your cheek.

With these two arms
That you enclose,
I'll hold you close
And not let go.

With these two hearts
Now knit as one
We'll join two loves
Not soon undone,

With every beat,
With every breath,
To live in love
Until our death.

But, baby, we
Too wisely know,
That weeds in every
Garden grow,

So take this pledge
And with me strive,
To keep our love
Each day alive.

Till then, please trust
These words, my dear,
For with this love
We conquer fear.

Let these two ones
United be
And live no more
As you and me,

For these two ones
Are one, not two.
For you are me,
And I am you.

No comments:

Post a Comment