Monday, May 18, 2015

Psychology, 7th Edition, Module 39: Stress and Illness

Or, Stress and the Heart

"The fire you kindle for your enemy
               often burns you more than him."

                         -- Chinese Proverb

I'll tell you something:
Sometimes, it makes sense to write a poem.

I'll tell you something else:
Most of the time, I don't feel like it.

Sometimes, like tonight, I get all bound up,
With anger.

Other times, not like tonight,
The love just comes pouring out,

Like a river.
Anger does, too.

They say anger is the toxic core of the Type A personality.
If you pause in the middle of a sentence--

An  intense, anger prone person may--
Jump in and finish it for you.

Well I'm angry,
So leave my sentences alone.

And I'll tell you something else,
If you're still listening:

I think I'm afraid, too.
And that makes me want to cry.

Dry up, Jordan.
Let me across.

Stoke that fire, boss.
I'm coming through.

No comments:

Post a Comment